UPCOMING BROOKLYN CLASSES & EVENTS
- Aaron Swartz Memorial Hackathon (Sunday, Feb 3, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PST), Vulcan Unsal, Brooklyn, FREE) — Come celebrate the life and continue the work of Aaron Swartz at the first global hackathon in Aaron’s memory.
- bit.ly Breakfast (Friday, Feb 1, 8:30AM to 10:00AM, FREE) — A breakfast for Community Managers with an open discussion on how we build active, engaged communities both on and offline.
NYC Mobile Apps Facebook / SeatGeek (Wednesday, January 30, 7PM-9PM, HUGE, Brooklyn, $5.00) — Guest presenters include Chris Ackerman (Platform Partnerships at Facebook) and Eric Waller (CTO of SeatGeek where he helps people find the best deals on tickets to LIVE events).
- Entrepreneurship in the Beer Industry (Wednesday, January 30, 7PM-10PM, Manhattan,, $5.00) — Beer has long been an entrepreneurial endeavor. It has only been in the last century that large corporations began to take over. We are bringing together a panel of entrepreneurs in these emerging market niches to hear the reasons for their success and the lessons learned from their failures.
- Start-Up City: If You Can Make it Here… Part 1 (Thursday, January 31, 6PM, Long Island University Brookyn Campus, FREE) — What goes into creating tech start-up, and why does NYC have increasing allure as the best place to do it? Almost 500 start-ups in NYC received venture financing from 2007 to 2011, and it looks like 2012 is going to beat the average for the last four years. Hear from those who are making it happen.
- dd:SOCIAL – 4 Year Anniversary & dd:A-LIST Crowdfunding Launch (Thursday, January 31, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, DUMBO, $10) — By supporting our crowdfunding campaign and by supporting our new initiatives (read more on Indiegogo) you’ll be part of an elite group of Digital DUMBO community members and a Founding Member of the dd:A-LIST.
- Lemonade Heroes™ Yacht Party and Audition for TV Series. (Wednesday, January 30, 2012, 6PM – 10PM)
BROOKLYN COWORKING CLASSES/EVENTS
- Introduction to Final Cut Pro (Saturdays, Feb 9 – March 2, $279 Members)
- Introduction to InDesign (Fridays, Feb 1 – Feb 15, $209 Members)
- Introduction to Electronics (Wednesdays, Feb 6 – March 6, $299 Members)
- Introduction to Illustrator (Sundays, Feb 3-Feb 17, $209 Members)
- PCR & Pizza (Monday, Feb. 11, 7PM-10PM, FREE, donation suggested) — A relaxed night of science and discussion.
- Science Journalism, How to Get Published (Feb 13 – 27, $300)
- Storytelling for Business People (Wednesday, Feb 6, 6:30PM – 9:30PM, $30)
- HTML CSS for You and Me (Feb. 19 and Feb 21, $115)
- Valentine’s Day Flea Market Party (Saturday, Feb 2 and Feb 9, FREE)
- How to Open a Restaurant – a Complete 6-Session Intensive Program (Jan 30 – March 6, $255)
- The Art of the Cold Call (Feb 13, 7:05-9:00PM, $25)
- Product Launch Blueprint – Presenting Lecture & Networking (Monday, Feb 18, 7PM – 8:35PM, FREE)